Multyfarnham

About

Multyfarnham or Multyfarnam (Irish: Muilte Farannáin, meaning “Farannán’s mills”)[2] is a village in County Westmeath.
First founded in 1268, the Franciscan monastery at Multyfarnham is still home to a community of friars. During the English conquest of Ireland in the 17th century, the monastery was raided six times and twice burnt out by the Crown forces battling the forces of the ‘Irish of Meath’.