Killucan

About

The villages of Killucan (Irish: Cill Liúcainne, Church of Lucan) and Rathwire (Irish: Ráth Guaire, Fort of Guaire) are co-located in gentle, rolling countryside in the east of the County Westmeath.
The twin villages reached the height of their prosperity during the 18th and 19th centuries due to the arrival of first the Royal Canal in 1805 and later the Midland Great Western Railway. The canal was built between 1790 and 1817, reaching Killucan from Dublin in 1805.

Source: Wikipedia