The Westmeath County Board of the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA) or Westmeath GAA is one of the 32 county boards of the GAA in Ireland, and is responsible for Gaelic games in County Westmeath.
Westmeath is represented strongly in Men’s football, Hurling, Ladies football and Camogie. With a number of successes over the years we are very proud of our teams and each team has a great following whether its home in Cusack Park or away.
The ground, named after GAA founder Michael Cusack, was opened in 1933 and had a capacity of 15,000. However following a national review of health and safety at GAA grounds in 2011, the overall capacity was reduced to 11,000.